An Inspirational Message To Father’s
I hope this inspires and motivates all fathers to be the
best men their families, children, communities, and churches need.
We are in challenging times, spiritually, economically, environmentally
and politically. Men we should be taking the lead in continuing the
direction we need to move in caring for our loved ones our communities
and supporting our churches.
Here are some suggestions to facilitate us all to stay on the right path.
- Fathers, should go to Jesus in prayer and pray with their children and families.
Leading prayer as the leader of the household.
- Fathers, make mistakes, but own up to them and correct the mistakes they
have made. Working not to repeat them.
- Fathers, discipline their children with love and not with physical violence,
verbal degradation or emotional manipulation.
- Fathers, take their children to church and bible study to share the Word of God.
- Fathers, are not perfect so must ask God for wisdom, direction and discernment.
- Fathers, don’t blame others for their weakness, but work to strengthen themselves
in the Word of God.
- Fathers, will not “follow the guys” when they are disrespecting women, this sets
an inappropriate and dangerous model for their sons to follow.
- Fathers, don’t block their children’s anointing with ungodly actions.
- Fathers, ask for discernment to recognize the signs of trouble before they happen.
- Fathers, model respect for the church and church representatives.
- Fathers, lead grace at meal time and anoint their children with oil for protection and mercy.
- Fathers, can purchase their daughters personal items and be proud in doing so.
- Fathers, promote education in the household.
- Fathers, talk to their children about drugs and sex before the street does.
- Fathers, do not whine about what “HIS” daddy did not do for him, but follow
a model indicative of Godly men.
- Fathers, do not blame where he came from for his short-comings. He focuses
on where he is going.
- Fathers, takes time to visit their children’s school and talk to the teachers
about their children’s progress.
- Fathers, will happily sacrifice for their family.
- Fathers, accepts responsibility for their children’s actions. Remembering
that the apple does not fall far from the tree.
- Fathers, will go visit their children and spend time with them even though
he may not be present in the home. Taking responsibility for a life that
they helped create.
- Fathers, aren’t afraid to show love to their children, children still need
reinforcement that they are loved and respected.
- Fathers, spend time just being together with their children and doing
things their children like and will remember, not just buying things that will
- Fathers, teach your child to be responsible and accountable for their actions.
- Fathers must model and teach respect, honor, patience, ethics and fear of the Lord.
William Jackson, M.Ed.